Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dining Room Redo

One room we didn't paint when first moving in was the dining room. So, we decorated around the color which was fine until we redid the kitchen a few months ago. The kitchen flows right into the dining room and between the wall color and decor - it didn't match one bit! So Clay gave me the green light to let this be my next project! Check out a couple before pictures of the room...
I knew I wanted the paint color to be neutral so the first thing I did was decide on a fabric to recover the dining room chairs with and use the same for curtains. Luckily, that part was unusally easy! I found this sweet print from World Market for $34.99 a panel. I snagged 4 - 2 for the window and 2 for the chairs.

So one night Clay was out of town, I busted out the screw driver and took off all 6 cushions, loaded up my car and fabric and went to my parents! My mom covered all the cushions and even had enough fabric left to make napkins and a runner - can't wait for those. The chairs look amazing! Thanks madre!
8 screws per chair - this took FOREVER!

Before!

After!
We used Tattered Sail by Olympic from Lowe's on the walls. I purchased the three large frames from IKEA and had some wedding pictures blown up to fit. So here we are! I still need to pick up a few things for the a centerpiece for the table, but there's no rush on that now.
What do you think? I love how much brighter it is now and the room flows so well with the kitchen.

Next project, the nursery!

No comments: