Friday, September 14, 2012

Life + Week 18


To say things have been normal lately, would be a lie. Life is just crazy and I'm loving every second! We have so much to do before the baby comes - yet it's just all very overwhelming. So, for now we have just been trying to enjoy our time together as much as possible and prepare ourselves for how much our life is going to change. How do you even do that!? We want to be the best parents possible and we want our child to be raised in a strong Christian family that always turns to God first. We want our attitude towards life to always be postive and constantly thankful from day one. We want our sweet baby to feel the love from the second they are born and they will. I can't wait!
Clay is going to Knoxville this weekend for the UT vs. FL game so I will be getting a few things done around the house, like painting and redecorating our dining room. My mom is going to help me recover our 6 dining room chairs with a fun fabric I found for curtains as well! Watch out for that post in the coming week or two! Maybe I can also squeeze in a pedicure too ;-) We'll see! On to the important stuff...
How far along? 18 weeks, 1 day - 153 days to go!
Size of Baby? Baby is the size of a sweet potato! Almost 6 inches and weighing in near 7 ounces..
Maternity clothes? It's sort of a mix - mainly my regular clothes with a few maternity pieces thrown in every once in a while.
Sleep:  Sleep is good whenever I'm not up going to the bathroom, it is SO hard to fall back asleep and I wake up at least 3-4 times per night.
Best moment this week: Finding furniture for the nursery! YAY! Also, I am feeling like I look pregnant more and more each day!
Miss Anything? Sushi makes the list again! I used to have it about once a month, so I am missing it quite a bit lately.
 Movement: Can't wait to say yes here, but not yet. The doctor said at my last appointment (2 weeks ago) that in the coming weeks I should start feeling little kicks.
Food cravings: Anything salty - string cheese, steak, potato - you name it!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular.
Gender: 2 weeks from today and we'll finally know if Baby W will be rocking the BLUE or pink. (I'm SO convinced it's a boy and mama's always right, right?!)
 Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Nothing much lately! Things have gotten much better. There still is the random nauseousness and of course the exhaustion all the time, but it's all manageable! Thank the Lord!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Mood: I'm getting so anxious to see baby Watson. I wish our doctors office allowed more than ONE ultrasound! BUT it has definitely been a great test of patience.
Looking forward to: Finishing up the details of the gender reveal party in two weeks! I have the invitation - just need to send them out and get to work on everything else. Lot's in the making friends!

No comments: