Friday, January 18, 2013

Lots of Updates: 36 Weeks!

How far along? 36 weeks 1 day, ONLY 27 days to go - woo!
Size of Baby? She is the size of a honeydew - up to 18 inches and at least 5.5 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Again, I throw on ANYTHING that fits whether that be maternity or not!
Sleep:  It's becoming a little hit or miss. Throughout the night I struggle with getting comfortable and baby girl has gotten so big it hurts when she moves, BUT when I am out - I am soooo deep in sleep!
Best moment this week: There has been several since my last post!
1. Finding out my sister and brother in law are having a BOY - so excited for him to get here! Now I just need to work on getting them to move back to Tennessee ;-)
2. We had an AMAZING couples baby shower this past weekend and it was SO MUCH fun! Savannah Jane got some super sweet stuff and got BIG items like her monitor and baby swing (thanks to her grandparents!!) We really are blessed with some amazing people in our lives.
3. I went to the doctor yesterday and baby girl has flipped! She is no longer breech, in fact she has almost dropped completely into "position!" I was 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced, which doesn't sound like much to me, but my doctor said it is a great thing to be making progress at 36 weeks with my first baby. Woo!
Miss Anything? Oh just the usual - I miss feeling "normal" but I am trying to enjoy and remember these moments while they are here - 27 days is not long!
 Movement: Oh yeah, she is quite the busy body!
Food cravings: Still nothing out of the ordinary...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Girl!
 Labor Signs: Yes, still having contractions regularly which my doctor reassured me this far along in my pregnancy that is expected and totally normal. So nothing to be concerned about!
Symptoms: Same stuff; exhaustion, achy back, swollen feet, puffy face - FUN! ;-)
Belly Button in or out? In, still! At this point, if it does "pop" I can handle four weeks of being an outie!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a tad bit anxious for her arrival or that I don't cry at a drop of a hat, but otherwise fabulous!
Looking forward to: Finishing everything up as much as possible before Savannah Jane gets here! Also, the wonderful ladies in my Sunday School class are throwing us a Diapers and Wipes shower this weekend! So excited for that!

No comments: